New bags - reducing our impact!
For the 2024/25 season, SealesWinslow will import 18.2 tonnes less plastic than in previous years due to a new small bag solution for our Calf Max bags*.
• New seam technology, ensures a seamless bag.
• Bags are stronger than current bags with no impact on shelf life or product freshness.
• The bag is a new single plastic bag (homopolymer) rather than the current bags which have different types of plastics, making them harder to recycle.
• The reduced bag weight = more bags per shipment = reduced sea travel of 11,000Km over the 2024/25 season.
Over the next few months, we are transitioning our small bags to a single plastic to help farmers reduce waste and doing our part by minimising our supply chain footprint.
- Calf Max range 20kg bags to transition June 2023.
SealesWinslow small bags, 25kg will change within the next couple of months.
Rumatain calf range 25kg bags will transition in 2024.